6 Tips on How to Use LinkedIn for Job Search Networking
1. You can use LinkedIn’s search tools to find executives who
are in your target companies. In the search bar, choose the
“Companies” option and enter the name of the company
you’re interested in contacting. Under the industry section,
pick “Any Industry” or the specific one you prefer. You
will then be presented with a list of LinkedIn members
who work for that company.
2. Go to the “Companies” tab and try this technique. Select
“Browse All Industries” and select your industry. Look
at every profile that interests you. When you have the
profiles open, look at which “Groups and Associations”
they have listed. This is another area to look for in your
networking endeavors. If it makes sense, join the same group.
3. Consider joining Toplinked at www.toplinked.com. You
should be able to link to its members. This group is made
up of “open networkers” in LinkedIn who should be fairly
amenable to accepting your invitation.
4. Make sure you are working on getting LinkedIn recommendations
from your past supervisors, customers, peers,
5. Don’t forget to look at the “Applications” link on your
LinkedIn home page. Check out which applications you
would like to add to your account.
6. Consider adding the “Polls” function, which allows you
to send a poll about your job search to your list. You will
need to have 150 contacts in order to be able to use this
product, but you will be able to reach everyone faster than
by emailing or phoning them.
There are various products out there that will coordinate
and connect all your Social Networking sites for you. Linking
them all together will save you time. That’s because everything
will be updated at the same time. Not only is it a competitive
market out there, but it’s also constantly changing technologically.
That being the case, anything you can do to simplify the
process is beneficial.
A additional job search networking idea is to check out www.networkingforprofessionals.com
The market continues to slowly turn.
Hang in there. I believe in you!
Executive Job Search Recruiter and Expert.Â tm
1. Connect with me on LinkedIn, Facebook or Twitter using the buttons above.Â
2. Subscribe to my RSS feed so that you will automatically receive my weekly Executive Job Search Expert Blog important updates.
3. Here is a link to my popular Executive Job Search Books. Chapter 11 in The NEW Rules to Job Search – How to Land an Executive Job in the New Economy, is the section on, “Understanding and Using the Power of Social Media in your Job Search”. CLICK HERE