I wanted to share this article that came to my attention in my research. This is the article that I mentioned to the members that were on our Job Search Tele Seminar series.
The article is entitled, “Why LinkedIn is Every Recruiter’s Hot Search Tool”.
The article talks about the strengths of LinkedIn as a candidate search tool for recruiters. It goes on to briefly discuss how Monster.com and CareerBuilder.com are changing their business model to be more competitive.
Executive Job Search LinkedIn Mini Action Plan:
- Remember to put a photo on your LinkedIn profile.
- In the top portion, in your summary section list your contact information in terms of phone number and email address separate from LinkedIn.
- Join some groups where you have a natural interest and have something to contribute to the conversation. Read the conversations from the groups for a while before you respond. It will help give you a â€œfeelâ€ for how the group interacts before you â€œjump in.â€
- Utilize the â€œSkills and Expertiseâ€ section for yourself AND your contacts/friends/peers.
- Remember to reach out and â€œRecommendâ€ someone that you truly have a perspective. You will be helping them when you do that.
- Contact people that have a perspective relative to your professional background, and ASK them to give you a â€œRecommendationâ€. Do not hesitate to ask, you will not get one unless you ASK.
I hope you find this information and article informative.
Have a great day!
Executive Job Search Expert Coach,
Eleanor Anne Sweet
The Expert in Executive Job Search Solutions. Tm
Change Your Job, Transform Your FutureÂ Â tm
Copyright 2012Â Â Â Â Â Â Â All rights reserved.