How to Create More Optimism While in Your Job Search
I have, fortunately, been one of those people for whom the glass is half full. If you are someone who, by nature, sees the glass as half empty, then you will need to work on trying to change your approach to life. Strive to add more optimism to your mindset and outlook. I can guarantee it will do wonders for your job search.
Alan Loy McGinnis, author and therapist, shares the following twelve characteristics of an optimist in his book The Power of Optimism:
1. Optimists are seldom surprised by trouble.
2. Optimists do not look for partial solutions.
3. Optimists believe they have control over their futures and are not just victims of circumstances.
4. Optimists interrupt their negative trains of thought.
5. Optimists heighten their powers of appreciation.
6. Optimists use their imaginations to rehearse success.
7. Optimists are cheerful even when they cannot be happy.
8. Optimists believe they have an almost unlimited capacity for stretching.
9. Optimists build lots of love into their lives.
10. Optimists like to swap good news.
11. Optimists accept what cannot be changed.
12. Optimists usually allow for regular physical and mental renewal.
McGinnis tells us that studies show optimists excel in school have better health, make more money, establish long and happy marriages, stay connected to their children, and perhaps even live longer.
What are you waiting for?!
Take optimism into your executive job search process and then work on combining it with inner confidence. You will have an unbeatable recipe for increasing the success in your executive job search faster!
Understand that confidence grows by doing, not thinking. You need to assess whether what you’re doing for your executive job search is giving you the results you want. You need to ask yourself, “Is there something I should be changing?” Sometimes change is difficult but necessary. Also understand that procrastination is a way of staying stuck. It keeps you from driving your job search campaign. Remember to take action on a daily basis.
What action are you going to take today that will have a positive impact on your executive job search?
Now is the time to embrace changeâ€”change regarding yourself, change regarding how you are approaching yourself, change regarding how you’re approaching your executive job search. Take a second look and explore any additional unique talents you may have that you’re not communicating or utilizing at this time that could assist you in getting closer to your goal.
Take one day at a time, make one decision at a time, and accomplish one result at a time.
Confidence comes from combining a positive attitude regarding your executive job search with positive action in your executive job search. You are in control of both of these aspects of your life. Every day you have the choice to think more positively. You also have the choice to take positive action or not. There is a direct link between your attitude and the choices you ultimately make.
Feel free to reach out to me for if you are looking for professional help with your executive job search. Some find that working with me as their executive job search coach, that it keeps them on track, moving forward without feeling like they are alone throughout the whole process.
As they say, â€œtwo heads are better than oneâ€.
Have a great week!
Eleanor Anne Sweet
Executive Job Search Expert Coach. Tm
Subscribe to my RSS feed so that you will automatically receive my weekly Executive Job Search Expert Blog important updates.
TODAYâ€S Executive Job Search Action Plan:
1. Register for my monthly executive job search tips on this web site BEFORE YOUR LEAVE THIS WEB SITE,Â www.ExecutiveJobSearchExpert.com
2. Go toÂ www.TheNEWRulesofJobSearch.comÂ Â to find out more about my newest executive job search book,Â The NEW Rules of Job Search – How to Land an Executive Job in the New Economy.
3. Go toÂ www.TheJobSearchExperts.comÂ to register for additional weekly executive job search information to help you with your executive job search and landing that next great job faster.
4. Go toÂ www.GreatInterviewQuestionsBlog.comÂ for additional interview questions and suggested answers, in addition I suggest you register for the RSS feed for that blog. That way every week you will have the executive interview questions and answers sent to your email account
5. AMAZON has all 8 of my books, go to Amazon and pick the book you need to jump start your job search, CLICK HERE TO LOOK FOR YOUR BOOK