21 Secrets to Success
From Coach John Wooden
During one of my weekly seminars, an executive shared with me his admiration for Coach John Wooden. He was right to admire him. Coach Wooden understands life with good common sense.
With everything going on today’s world, we sometime need to remind ourselves to get back to some of the tried and true basics, to keep “winning the game.”
Below you will be able to download copies ofÂ this information for your files and another bonus item from Coach Wooden.
21 Secrets to Success
by Coach John Wooden
1. The team with the best players almost always wins.
2Â Be quick – but don’t hurry.
3. Focus on effort, not winning.
4. Keep it simple.
5. Make your “yes” mean yes.
6. Balance is EVERYTHING.
7. A good leader is first and foremost, a teacher.
8. Game time is when the coach’s job is almost over.
9. A great leader cannot worry about being well liked.
10. Great leaders give credit to others, but accept the blameÂ Â Â themselves.
11. Seek consistency – avoid peaks and valleys.
12. Fairness is giving all people the treatment they earn and deserve.
13. The team that makes the most mistakes…WINS!
14. Surround yourself with strong, opinionated people.
15. Teamwork is not a preference, it’s a necessity.
16. Rules are made to be followed, not broken.
17. Concentrate on YOUR team, not the opposition.
18. Adjust to your players – don’t expect them all to adjust to you.
19. Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.
20. Practice doesn’t make perfect; only perfect practice makes perfect.
21. Be honest, direct and willing to risk it all for your beliefs.Â
I want to share with you some straight forward tips from John Wooden, the legendary,Â UCLA Â basketball coach. These are the expectation that he has for all of us players that can also be applied to being a successful person in life personally, professionally and with your job search.
Wooden tell us, â€œSuccess comes from knowing that you did your best to become the best that you are capable of becoming.â€
â€œYou shall loveâ€¦God with all your heartâ€¦soulâ€¦strength, and â€¦mind; and your neighbor as yourself.â€ (Luke 10:27)
Have a great week, I believe in all of you succeeding in your job search now and in 2013.
Thank you for working with me to help you achieve your job search goals for 2013!