An executive job search can be a very stressful time in ones live, regardless of whether you are employed while you are working on your executive job search or unemployed working on your executive job search.
Today I want to share some executive job search tips regarding stress that you should consider and try to implement in your daily life.
According to the Midwest Center which helps people that are dealing with stress and anxiety in the day to day lives, you can easily diminish some of your stress by following their suggest method, â€œABCâ€.
You will find this idea of theirs can also be applied to help you during your job search.
Follow this â€œABCâ€ method today, and see how it will help ease some of the stress in your life and job search for the day. Then remember to use this system everyday going forward.
1. Attitude: A positive attitude can help you convert bad stress to good stress. For example, instead of being stressed out about a particular task or situation, instead feel excited about the potential for new experiences. And try to surround yourself with similar positive thinkers!
2. Breathe: Calm down, by slowing down, starting with your breathing.
3. Choice: Choose to control what you can â€“ and thatâ€™s rarely the words and actions of others. Make choices to do thing to the best of your ability and with an open heart, at home or on the job.
Remember for those of you that believe in a higher authority, prayer is one of the key stress relievers.
Your executive job search is like life, there are areas that you can have some control and impact, while a great majority of the executive job search is out of your control.
Focus daily on the area of your job search that you can have impact, such as research 5 more companies, 5 more follow up calls, mailing 5 resumes, and networking with 5 new people you have not contacted before.
The key is to say in the game.
Have a great week!
Eleanor Anne Sweet
The Executive Job Search Expert
My new executive job search book, The NEW Rules of Job Search â€“ How to Land an Executive Job in the New Economy, was recently released on Amazon.com, (insert link verbiage)
1. Connect with me on LinkedIn, Facebook or Twitter using the buttons above.Â
2. Subscribe to my RSS feed so that you will automatically receive my weekly Executive Job Search Expert Blog important updates.