5 Tips for Your Job Search Using Facebook
Facebook was the second Social Media site I joined, and I like it. I have been using it more as a personal Social Networking site than a professional one, though. I think I started it that way to have another option. Plus, that was the way the site was originally positioned.
I suggest you take a different approach and consider using Facebook for executive search business networking. If you’ve been using the site as a personal networking tool, you might need to change some of your privacy settings so you can transition your account while you’re looking for a job.
Tips for Facebook:
1. Make sure you don’t have any pictures posted that are not considered tasteful.
2. As with LinkedIn, make sure you have an executive professional looking picture, not the one in your Speedo in Hawaii.
3. Similar to LinkedIn, Facebook allows you to post status updates. This capability is a great help because it provides a way for you to keep everyone up to date on your executive job search. It also serves as a subtle reminder to your Social Network that you are still seeking executive employment.
4. If you post a “Note” on Facebook, it will last longer than a status update. It also affords you more space to elaborate.
5. Consider creating a “Celebrity, Band, or Business Page.” When you first go to www.facebook.com, you will see that selection at the bottom of the login section. Click on that option and then follow the outlined steps. Set yourself up as a celebrity. If you have trouble, call me and I will walk you through the process of setting up the page. That way, you can use your celebrity or business page for employers and not have to worry about co-mingling with your personal one.
*** The above material is an excerpt from my newest executive job search book, The NEW Rules of Job Search – How to Land an Executive Job in the New Economy, Chapter 11 pages 179-80.
Have a great 2015 landing that next great executive job!
I look forward to helping you land that next great executive job!
Eleanor Anne Sweet
Executive Job Search Expert Coach ™
TODAY”S Executive Job Search Action Plan:
1. Use the tips above and work on your Facebook account. Also create a special group for your executive job search contacts.
2. Register for my weekly executive job search tips on this page before you leave this page/blog, www.ExecutiveJobSearchExpert.com
3. Go to www.TheNEWRulesofJobSearch.com to find out more about my newest job search book, The NEW Rules of Job Search – How to Land an Executive Job in the New Economy.
4. Go to www.TheJobSearchExperts.com to register for additional weekly executive job search information to help you with your executive job search and landing that next great job faster.
5. Go to www.AskTheJobSearchExpert.com and submit your current most pressing executive job search question. You will receive an answer within 48 hours via email.
6. GO TO AMAZON for the best Executive Job Search Books, CLICK HERE FOR BOOKS