The person who succeeds is not the one
who holds back, fearing failure, nor the
one who never fails . . . but rather the
one who moves on in spite of failure.
â€” Charles Swindoll
Â I KNOW THIS CURRENT LABOR MARKET is the most challenging one you have ever been involved in while looking for an executive job. Because of this tendency, it will take more motivation and strength of heart to succeed with your executive job search than it would in a more robust economy. The key to your executive job search success is to know your goal, keep a positive mindset, and never ease up on your intense commitment to landing that next great executive job! Follow my Executive Job Search Success Systemâ„¢ as outlined in my book (The NEW Rules of Job Search â€“ How to Land an Executive Job in the New Economy) and you’ll achieve that executive job success!
- Have a good, solid core belief in yourself and your end goal.
- Create strong customized, accomplishment-oriented executive resumes and letters for each specific executive job and interview you are responding to.
- Create and constantly update your executive job search target company list.
- Cultivate a strong executive networking base that you stay in touch with and also keep updated on your executive job search. Remember once you land an executive job to also stay in contact with your executive network on a fairly regular basis. Also remember to be genuine and real at all times.
- Work on constantly updating and adding to your executive hidden market company list. This is the list you will use with your executive informational interviews and broadcast letters.
- Continue to improve your executive target company, networking, and hidden market company lists on a consistent basis. It is from these lists that you build your pipelines for your executive job search leads.
- Prepare in advance for every executive interview in terms of customized executive resumes, letters, company research, and interview questions.
- Confirm that you are well-versed and comfortable with the strength of your answers for the hypothetical executive interview questions you have practiced prior to each new executive interview.
9. Remember to be meticulous with all your follow-up and follow-through following all conversations and meetings regarding your executive job search.
10. Do not stop or slow down on any of these steps in your Executive Job Search Success System. Keep your pipeline full and keep working that pipeline. Remember your executive job search is not over until you have a physical offer in hand and have accepted and started your new executive job.
*** The above material is are excerpts from my newest executive job search book, The NEW Rules of Job Search â€“ How to Land an Executive Job in the New Economy, Appendix 1 page 241-42. Have a good week with your executive job search. Feel to contact me at sweet@ExecutiveJobSearchExpert.com if you are ready for professional help with ramping up your executive job search results. I look forward to helping you achieve great results with your executive job search! Eleanor Eleanor Anne Sweet Executive Job Search Expert Coach â„¢
PS TODAYâ€S Executive Job Search Action Plan:
1. Register for my weekly executive job search tips on this web site before you leave this blog post, www.ExecutiveJobSearchExpert.com
2. CLICK HEREÂ to find out more about my popular job search book, The NEW Rules of Job Search – How to Land an Executive Job in the New Economy.
3. Go to www.TheJobSearchExperts.com to register for additional weekly executive job search information to help you with your executive job search and landing that next great job faster.
4. Go to www.GreatInterviewQuestionsBlog.com for additional interview questions and suggested answers, in addition I suggest you register for the RSS feed for that blog. That way every week you will have the executive interview questions and answers sent to your email account.
5. Go to Amazon for my other books to help you. CLICK HERE