The following is an excerpt from my recently released executive job search book, The NEW Rules of Job Search â€“ How to Land an Executive Job in the New Economy.
Click Here www.TheNEWRulesofJobSearch .com read about the book and purchase your copy. There is over $197 worth of bonus gifts included with your purchase of my six figure executive job search book.
As I have mentioned in several of my six figure executive job search coaching seminars, 75% of your job search success in contingent you a good positive, optimistic strong mindset.
In order to succeed in your job search, you MUST have a strong inner game.
Copyright Â Â© All rights reserved. www.TheJobSearchExperts.com 1 | P a g e 34 in The NEW Rules of Job Search by Eleanor Anne Sweet
Secrets to Keeping A Positive Headset, Bonus Material
â€œThe Power of Optimismâ€
I want to share with you an excerpt from the book. The Power of Optimism, written by
the well-known author and therapist Alan Loy McGinnis.
The following are his 12 characteristics of optimists:
1. Optimists are seldom surprised by trouble.
2. Optimists do not look for partial solutions.
3. Optimists believe they have control over their futures and are not just
victims of circumstances.
4. Optimists interrupt their negative trains of thought.
5. Optimists heighten their powers of appreciation.
6. Optimists use their imaginations to rehearse success.
7. Optimists are cheerful even when they cannot be happy.
8. Optimists believe they have an almost unlimited capacity for stretching.
9. Optimists build lots of love into their lives.
10. Optimists like to swap good news.
11. Optimists accept what cannot be changed.
12. And optimists usually allow for regular physical and mental renewal.
All of us can become more positive an optimistic learning to develop these traits.
â€œThese tough-minded optimists may be of average intelligence and looks, but
they know how to keep themselves motivated, and they approach their
problems with a can-do philosophy. They are experts at building a strong,
positive esprit de corps in their family or on their team, and they emerge from
tragedies somehow stronger and more attractive.
â€œThere is no doubt that this mind-set enables people to rise to the top of their
fields. Recent studies show that optimists excel in school, have better health,
make more money, establish long and happy marriages, stay connected to their
children, and perhaps even live longerâ€ (The Power of Optimism, P. 1)
President Lincoln once said. â€œThe pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity and
the optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.â€
Work every day to push back the pessimistic, self-defeating talk. Work to maintain a
positive headset. The trick is to see the positive in as many situations as possible.
Remember to remind yourself every morning about what you are grateful.
Review at night what you are grateful for at the end of the day.
80% of life is a headset and between the ears. (90% if a job search is between the ears)
Stay positive and optimistic!
Executive Job Search Expert and CoachÂ Tm
Copyright Â All rights reserved.
Here is the information I have shared above with you, get the book and read Chapter 2: CLICK HEREÂ
1. Connect with me on LinkedIn, Facebook or Twitter using the buttons above.Â
2. Subscribe to my RSS feed so that you will automatically receive my weekly Executive Job Search Expert Blog important updates.